Saturday, December 20, 2008

More Options

I've read both of Renee's suggestions, but not since AP English ten years ago, so I'd be game for either or both. I'm not sure on the Jane Austen Biography though. Every time I think of that movie I get so mad. Honestly, I hate that life can be so cruel sometimes. The movie clearly hit home to me. Anyways, books.

I was just reading my cousin's blog and she had a list of books she recommends, too. I'll admit that at 11 at night I'm not going to research them, but I do trust her opinion. I've read the Twilight and Eragon books but not the others, and I've been wanting to read Dracula for a while now, and not just since reading Twilight. Dracula marked a big change in how women were viewed in literature. Do any of you know something about the other books?
  • Dracula: by Bram Stoker
  • The Alchemist: by Paulo Coelho
  • Chickens in the Headlights: by Matthew Buckley
  • Twiltight, New Moon, and Eclipse: by Stephenie Meyer
  • The Host: by Stephenie Meyer
  • Eragon, The Eldest and Brisinger: by Christopher Paolini
  • The 13th Reality: by James Dashner
  • The Bartimaeus Trilogy: by Jonathan Stroud

No comments: